22 February 2016

Retouched

Finished!


Had my casual dining area, and my kitchen's prep and wash areas totally repainted.
Walls, ceilings, doors and cabinets, all painted.


The walls used to be white, the cabinets green, and the baseboards and crown moldings were green as well.
I replaced them with neutral colors.


If the partition between the casual dining area and the kitchen was mere drywall, I would have had it removed.
But just like most homes here in the Philippines, it's concrete.
It will be too much work and noise and dust if I had it removed
and I'm not ready to be stressed by that.


I would like to replace the countertop and backsplash in the future.
They're already dated. 12 years to be exact.
I want a slate countertop, white subway tiles for the backsplash and a farm sink as well.
Time to save some dinero :-)


Forgive the mess.
We're still in the process of cleaning.


The next home reno project is my hallway.
I'm merely continuing the same color palette of my receiving area.
The ceiling is going to be black and the crown moldings will be white.
The walls be a neutral gray and the baseboards will be white.


I'm loving the change.
It looks more modern now.
Have a nice day :-)

---0O0---

Here's an updated photo
Don't know what to do with that large cabinet.
It belongs to someone who used to live with me.
It's quite large.
I'll probably have my carpenter disassemble it.